K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Guckkasten Ha Hyun Woo says he doesn't consider idols as singers


Ha Hyun Woo (Indie band 'Guckkasten' vocalist & guitarist)

"I don't consider idols as singers. They're putting on a show as entertainers and they're lying. They say they had to compete with thousands of people to become a singer, but I really wonder what kind of talent they had to win the tough competition."

-

Pann: I don't consider idols as singers

1. [+460, -3] Hey, you should understand him. That was after working with Goo Hara.

2. [+321, -3] He might've been pissed off at the moment because he was working with Goo Hara at that time ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+175, -3] Save Goo Hara (tn: wordplay since "goo hara' means 'save')

4. [+106, -1] If you're criticizing him for this, you should listen to at least one song of Guckkasten. I'm a fan of Guckkasten and I'm bitter that Ha Hyun Woo is more known for his statement on idols than his music. When he was in high school, he asked his friends to step on his stomach to practice vocalization. When he was a nugu, he had no money so he had to do physical labor and got an electric shock. He froze ramen soup to eat it with rice for next meals. That how he pursued music. You think he wouldn't be pissed off at Goo Hara being called a singer? And Ha Hyun Woo isn't blaming all idols, he even gave a song to Jinwoon.

5. [+92, -3] I thought his statement was unfair because it wouldn't apply to some idols, but I understood him fully when I read that he worked with Goo Hara ㅋㅋ

6. [+79, -0] It's true that there are a lot of untalented idols out there. They make me wonder how they're able to be on broadcast and sing. Majority of groups have one vocalist and there's at least one who can't sing at all. I know there are exceptions but it's the majority. I wonder how they became idols when they can't even sing or dance. I also don't consider idols as singers. There aren't even many idols that deserve to be called singers.

7. [+64, -2] Isn't it true though? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ There are many talented idols these days but at that time, idols were literally for a 'show'.

8. [+53, -0] Ha Hyun Woo doesn't hate idols. He likes them as long as they're talented. He just hates visuals who can't sing. You don't have to care if you bias can sing. As a fan of Guckkasten, I can't stand to see people calling Guckkasten a nugu when they're the president of indie industry.

9. [+49, -1] Guckkasten and Nell are top 2 of indie. Kim Yeon Woo chose Ha Hyun Woo as the best Korean vocalist. He worked so hard to be where he's at. He also talks really well because he read a lot of books.

10. [+47, -38] What he says isn't wrong. At least Hara attempted to sing a whole song. This Yoona bitch ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 10cm sang the whole song and she only sang a bit, but the song was released under her name. It made me laugh because it was so shameless ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Her singing was really bad but her fangirls praised her for her vocal color ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I even saw a Soneroach commenting "how better does she have to do?" I thought they were insane.

Back To Top