K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Yoo Jae Suk saves a life

 
 
Pann: Anecdote of running into Yoo Jae Suk in the military
 
 
 
 
It's 13 years ago. I was in the military. My family was having a hard time and I didn't fit well in the military. I heard serious news from home and decided to commit suicide. I didn't adjust to the army life, I had no friends, and I was bullied. I couldn't breathe... so I thought dying would make it more comfortable. I looked at my schedule and I had work from 12AM ~ 2AM. I decided to kill myself after the work because it would then be midnight and nobody would be there.
 
I prepared to hang myself. I actually felt a lot better after preparing my suicide. Thinking back, it was a very foolish act but at that time, it was the only thing I could think of. On that day, I worked as a supervisor of cable construction so I worked at near SBS station almost everyday.
 
I was looking for a military manhole at a nearby playground with a mine detector. There was a map of the manhole but the playground was built on the top of it so I had to wear a mine detector in a very hot weather to find it. I had to do the hardest work since I was an easy target. A fellow worker then had to go somewhere, so I went to fill his spot. I took the chance and went to a store to buy a Coke, but I only had $0.50 in my pocket. I could only laugh and think, "I'm gonna die tonight but I can't even drink a Coke."
 
As I kept on working, I felt someone's stare. I turned back and saw Yoo Jae Suk looking at me. I was so surprised... I thought, "seeing a celebrity on the day I die? Am I lucky?" From what I remember, he was doing a TV show called Sunday is Joyful(?) A show with flying chairs and the panelists getting splashed with water. Anyways, Yoo Jae Suk was looking at me with interest. I said hi and he said hi back pleasantly. He asked, "a mine detector at a playground? That's a mine detector, right? What are you looking for?" I told him that I'm not allowed to speak of it, and he said, "ah~ That's right~ Sorry~ ㅋㅋ" He walked away with his manager. I found it interesting because it was the first time of seeing celebrity in real life.
 
I went back to work and a few minutes later, someone tapped on my back. I turned back and saw Yoo Jae Suk holding two cans of energy drink and ice cream. He told me to eat them because the weather is hot. As he was leaving, he jokingly said, "salut~ Work hard~" I was speechless.
 
I sat down in a shade to have the drink, and for some reason, I cried hard... I cried loudly as I drank the two cans and the watermelon ice cream. I sat there and cried for a while, and got tired. I don't know why but after finishing the night work, I had a good sleep.
 
After that, I was surprised to feel how much I've changed. Since then, I got along with the people in the military and I still contact the friends I made there. I don't know the reason. I still don't know how I had changed suddenly, but if I were to pick the turning point in my life, it would be the two cans of drink and ice cream Yoo Jae Suk-ssi gave me in a hot weather.
 
Maybe I longed for people or people's friendliness, but I'm still happy that Yoo Jae Suk-ssi gave a friendly smile and unexpected kindness to a complete stranger. At one point, people started calling him Yoo God. I really like that nickname because he really is a god to me. I want to see him again but it's sad that I don't have a chance to. I don't think Infinite Challenge holds their photo events in here Busan... I just read someone's post about Yoo Jae Suk's personalities so I got reminded of this incident. I have nothing to prove it but... I'm still happy to talk about something that I've held for so long.
 
 
=
 
 
1. [+45, -0] Yoo God saved a life...
 
2. [+41, -0] A person who was going to commit suicide got a new heart by Yoo God's drink and ice cream. I envy the person... I also need Yoo God
 
3. [+25, -1] There really isn't anything you can bash him with ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Woah, so amazing
 
4. [+11, -0] How can he only have good stories ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Is he really an angel?
 
5. [+8, -0] There goes one more legend of Yoo God
 
6. [+7, -0] I can't imagine how happy Yoo Jae Suk's wife would be
 
 
 

Back To Top